Author Michael Jeffries interviewed 15 highly motivated teachers for his then-published book in 1997. After talking to teachers from Brian Tracy to Dr. Wayne Dyer, he distilled eight secrets to success that everyone agreed on. These secrets are good today and are as follows.
1. Take 100% Responsibility for Your Life – In a society where people blame everything from their parents to the government, people who don’t buy into this mentality or don’t fall victim to “victim” thinking are successful. Blaming someone or something outside yourself means that they control your life, not you. Someone else’s opinion of you doesn’t have to be your reality.
2. Live Your Life With Purpose – Motivational thinkers differentiate themselves from the unsuccessful because they believe they will do what they did to her. The difference between this and just living is that the second is the one with the least problems throughout the week. But when you live your life on purpose, your main focus is on getting the job done right. For an entrepreneur this means finding a reason you trust and building your business around it.
3. Be willing to pay the price – Be willing to pay the price for your dreams. It’s nice to have a big house, a nice car and a million dollars in the bank, everyone wants these things – but are you willing to pay the price to get them? This is one of the major changes, both successful and unsuccessful.
4. Be attentive – Every day we are bombarded with hundreds of tasks, phone calls, messages and everyone competing for our time. You need to give up something nowadays to pay attention because you’re spending a lot of time down the road. Jack Canfield and Mark Hansen turned 30 when 30 publishers presented the first “Chicken for Soul” book. Instead of giving up, they focused on their goals and did four or five interviews a day for radio, television and the press, five days a week. Eventually, a small publisher decided to take a chance, and in fact it is now one of the best sellers that has produced an entire series that has sold over 10 million copies.
5. Be an expert in your field One of the most common factors for all successful people is how seriously they take their careers. They try to be the best at what they do and do anything to improve. If someone goes after you all day with a video camera in your business, is it a tape that makes you feel proud or ashamed? Decide today to be the best person in your field. how? Find out what the “best” in your field is doing and what they do.
6. Write a Plan to Achieve Your Goals – Write an action plan / map for how you will achieve your goals. Trying to reach your goals without a plan is like trying to drive from Los Angeles to Chicago without a map. An unwritten goal is simply a wish or a fantasy.
7. Never Give Up – Never, Never, Never Give Up. When you are fully committed to achieving your goal, quitting is not an option. You must be willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen. The power of perseverance is a wonderful force. As someone once said, “inch by inch, it’s a cinch.” Think of the five-inch worm – if you think about the length of the journey from start to finish, it will never move. From a worm’s perspective, the garden path should be like a march to Mars. never give up! Continue like the Everdy Battery Bunny, and you’ll be there soon.
8. Don’t be late – no one knows how long they have left to realize their dreams, and we have to remember that we don’t have forever. Sooner or later your number will come and you are gone. Successful winners know this, but they do not see it as a “.” Winners use it to “seduce” them. They follow what they want, as vigorously and vigorously as possible.
I had a friend who said, “Check today – take the money! Yesterday, the IoT was released. – forget it! A promise sheet tomorrow, don’t bank on it! “I think it’s a good summary of life. Go there and get that” Today “check.